Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shania Twain & Robert John "Mutt" Lange call it quits!


After almost 10 years of marriage Country singer Shania Twain and producer husband Robert "Mutt" Lange are getting a divorce!.

Ok, as a long time fan of hers I did not see that one coming. That's like Celine Dion splitting with hubby Renee Angelil.

It's just unthinkable. Well, at least to me. Hell, you hear about celebrity power couple break-ups all the time it's nothing new.

But it's the ones that make it past the double digit mark that are always the most shocking I think. It gets especially tricky when there are kids involved.

For the sake of the child I hope it was an amicable split. There were rumors going back as far as 2000 that things were not all rosy between them, I guess they were true.

Now that their personal relationship has ended, I wonder what this means for their professional one?.

Will Shania still work on producing songs with her ex? or will she find a new creative team?. And does this mean a delay on the new album?. I guess we'll see.